Who are we?
Raisins South Africa NPC (Non-Profit Company) is a company registered in terms of the Companies Act, 2008 (Act No. 71 of 2008 as amended) and which operates under the name “Raisins South Africa NPC (Raisins SA NPC)”. The Company was incorporated in 1997, previously known as Dried Fruit Technical Services (DFTS). Towards the end of 2018 DFTS was restructured and renamed and is now known as Raisins SA.
The activities of Raisins SA are informed by the Marketing of Agricultural Products Act, 1996 (Act No. 47 of 1996, as amended). The mandate of Raisins SA is to advance the interest of the local industry in an international competitive environment.
In total Raisins SA represents approximately 700 growers.
- retain and gain (new) market access and develop markets;
- perform industry research and development activities to enhance the competitiveness of the industry, which importantly include technology transfer;
- promote transformation and skills development;
- perform administrative duties as per the gazetted statutory measures; and
- share information in a transparent manner throughout the value chain.