The goals of the Enterprise Development Program are the following:
- Develop business or strategic plans for all potential projects. This is done to have a detailed picture of what the needs and shortcomings of our growers are. We cannot just throw funds into projects without fully understanding the needs and requirements of the projects
- Identify potential Black producers that have the potential to commercialise
- We also assist black farmers with technical support and input cost
- We also partner with other bodies to ensure higher impact
Comprises Technical Training, International exposure and Graduate Skills Development Pipeline.
- Technical/Field Training Technical Training is rolled out in accordance with the provisions of the Skills Development Act and aimed at skills development of new Black producers.
- International Exposure International exposure, gain knowledge of best practices, latest technology, leading trends in the global context. The Tertiary Skills Development Pipeline includes providing bursaries, internships and workplace experience.
- Graduate Training Skills Program
The Tertiary Skills Development Pipeline includes providing Study Assistance, internships and workplace experience.